PAPER FALL WRITING CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Paper Fall Writing Contest (the “Contest”) is available to all students in grades nine (9) through twelve (12) who have opted in to the contest (the “Participants” or “Eligible Students”) in the following school districts which have been invited to participate and who are authorized by their school district administration to participate (the “Districts”):
- Palm Beach, Florida
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Atlanta Public Schools, Georgia
- Pasadena, California
- Colton Joint, California
- Jefferson County, Kentucky
- Prince William County, Virginia
- Rockford School District, Illinois
- Washoe County, Nevada
- Twin Rivers Unified School District, California
- Henry, Tennessee
- Germantown Municipal, Tennessee
- Unicio, Tennessee
- Bartlett, Tennessee
- Rutherford, Tennessee
- Lincoln, Tennessee
- Jefferson, Tennessee
- Moore, Tennessee
- Bristol, Tennessee
- Meigs, Tennessee
- Cleveland, Tennessee
- Hickman, Tennessee
- Blount, Tennessee
Students of Districts who do not “opt-in” to the contest by the required deadline (described below) will not be eligible to participate. Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to participate.
Employees of Paper Education Company Inc. (“Paper” or “Sponsor”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
For further information, please see Section 3 below.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully bound by these “Rules”, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: Participants may enter the Contest during the Contest Period as follows:
- District agreement to participate. Student agrees to participate in the contest by Google Form by November 13th 2023
- Opt-in. Students wishing to participate must opt-in to the contest by submitting an entry into the Google form, located at: [https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/1GJPX232m4e4YFvMcAkfOhOibz6TW6GDL_lZa40BpeJU/edit by November 13th.
- Entry via Paper Review Center. Eligible Students (i.e., those who have opted in pursuant to (b) above) may enter the contest by logging in to the Paper student dashboard, selecting Review Center and “Essay Contest” within the module, and successfully submitting a 500 word English essay for review based on the following writing prompt.
Participants must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified herein, to constitute a successful Contest entry. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Paper or District. Only entries submitted with valid Paper User accounts are eligible. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Paper. Except as specified in Section 3(c), automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Use of email addresses from disposable or temporary email address services, or email forwarding services, is prohibited and any attempt to enter using such an email address will be blocked. Paper reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. All entries become the property of Paper and will not be returned.
- Contest Period: The “Contest Period” begins at 3:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on November 13th 2023 and ends at 11:59pm ET on December 8th, 2023. Paper’s platform and systems are the official time-keeping device for this Contest. Winners will be determined at the Contest Completion Date listed in the below chart.
Deadline to Receive Entry (11:59 pm PT)
Contest Completion Date
December 8th, 2023
December 8th, 2023
- Prizes: Paper will award the following prizes:
- Macbook Air (1) - The top essay writer will be awarded a Macbook Air (Prize value estimated to be $1099 USD)*
- Apple iPad (1) - The runner up (second place essay) will be awarded an iPad (Prize value estimated to be $599 USD)
- Apple AirPods (3) - The two honorable mentions (3rd, 4th, 5th place essays) will be awarded Apple Airpods (prize value estimated to be $169 USD each)
Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians of the winner, who must sign all required declarations and releases.
*Award of the Macbook Air is subject to consent and disclosure of applicable tax information to Paper to facilitate appropriate reporting for tax purposes. Failure to provide the appropriate information to Paper may result in Paper rescinding the award to the Eligible Student (or their parent or legal guardian) with the top entry, and Paper awarding the Macbook Air to the first runner up entry by another Eligible Student (or their parent or legal guardian), in its discretion.
The aggregate total retail value of all prize packs is $ 2205 USD. Paper reserves the right to substitute an alternative award, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if an item within the prize pack cannot be provided as described for any reason. No other cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Paper’s discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Please allow up to eight (8) weeks for delivery of prizes.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected as follows:
Essays submitted by eligible students at participating schools within the District shall be judged by a Paper panel. They will determine the placements to determine the winners. Winners will be notified through District within five (5) days following the winner selection. Winners shall coordinate the collection of their prizes with the District. Paper shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to District’s choice not to award a prize to a winning student.
The receipt by the winner of the prize offered in the Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner based on an email address, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the Participant’s Paper user account specified in the entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Paper user account by their District. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PARTICIPANT (AT PAPER’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms: Paper retains the right to end the Contest at any time without further notice. Paper reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such a case, Paper may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Paper. Paper reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Rules.
Paper has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Paper reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Indemnification: By entering you agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Paper and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof including, without limitation any condition caused by events beyond Paper’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and New York, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nevada.
- Limitation of Liability: THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM DIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT PAPER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND PARTICIPANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winners’ names or these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Paper Education Company Inc.
279 Sherbrooke St. W.
Montreal, QC H2X 1Y2
Such requests must be received no later than December 8th, 2023
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Paper Education Company Inc., headquartered at 279 Sherbrooke St. W. Suite 410, Montreal, QC, H2X 1Y2, Canada.