NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Paper Missions Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to students currently attending Jefferson County Schools, KY, USA, (the “District”) who are authorized by the District to participate, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Paper Education Company Inc. (“Paper” or “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
Entrants are only eligible to win once during the entire Contest Period (as defined in Section 4 below). For further information, please see Section 3 below.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully bound by these “Rules”, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: You may enter the Contest during the Contest Period as follows:
(a) Entry via Paper Missions. Eligible students may enter by logging in to the Paper student dashboard, selecting Paper Missions, and successfully completing missions during the Contest Period. New missions will be available on a regular basis during the Contest Period. Each mission can be completed by eligible students only once.
(b) Mail Entry. To enter by mail without obligation, hand write your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address on a 3”x 5” card and mail it to: Paper Education Company Inc., Attn: “Paper Missions Contest”, 279 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal, QC, H2X 1Y2, Canada. Mail-in entries that are postmarked by the end of Contest Period and received by the corresponding Contest end date (as listed in the chart below in Section 4) will receive credit for completing one (1) mission.
Entrants must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified herein, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Paper or District. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Paper. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
There is a limit of one (1) prize per person per Contest Period: Eligible students that win a prize based on their completion of missions during the Contest Period are not eligible for additional prizes.
- Contest Period: The “Contest Period” begins at 3:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on November 28, 2022 and ends at 11:59pm ET on December 9, 2022. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. Winners will be determined at the Contest Completion Date listed in the below chart.
Deadline to Receive Entry (11:59 pm PT)
Contest Completion Date
December 9, 2022
December 10, 2022
Except as specified in Section 3(c), automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Use of email addresses from disposable or temporary email address services, or email forwarding services, is prohibited and any attempt to enter using such an email address will be blocked. Only entries submitted with valid email addresses are eligible. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Prizes: Sponsor will award the fifteen (15) winners a prize pack containing the following items, with an approximate retail value of $80.75 USD; drawstring bag, hat, pop fidget, football, headphones, reusable water bottle, mouse pad, post-its, notebook. The aggregate total retail value of all prize packs is $1211.25 USD. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternative award, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if an item within the prize pack cannot be provided as described for any reason. No other cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Allow up to six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of prizes.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected as follows: Missions completed by eligible students at participating schools within the District shall be totaled on the Contest Completion Date, and the participating school with the highest to tal completed missions will be the winning school. Within the winning school, the fifteen (15) eligible students that have completed the greatest number of missions shall be selected as the winners. Winners will be notified through District within five (5) days following the winner selection. Winners shall coordinate collection of their prizes with District. Paper shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to District’s choice not to award a prize to a winning student.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in the Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner based on an email address, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the Paper user account specified in the entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Paper user account by their District. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms: Sponsor retains the right to end the Contest at any time without further notice. Paper reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Paper may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Paper. Paper reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Rules.
Paper has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Paper reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Indemnification: By entering you agree to release indemnify, defend and hold harmless Paper and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof including, without limitation any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and Kentucky, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Kentucky.
- Limitation of Liability: THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM DIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND PARTICIPANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Copy of Rules: To obtain a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Paper Education Company Inc.
279 Sherbrooke St. W.
Montreal, QC H2X 1Y2
Such requests must be received no later than November 28, 2022.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Paper Education Company Inc. 279 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal, QC, H2X 1Y2, Canada.