- BE RESPECTFUL: Always treat your tutors with respect. Although homework can be frustrating, keep in mind that your tutor is doing their best to help you, so remember to be polite and patient with them.
- APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE/BEHAVIOR: Remember to use respectful language when speaking to tutors. Profanities, offensive language, and rude behavior are not tolerated on the platform. This includes sexual harassment such as flirting, inappropriate comments, and requests for contact information.
- BE PATIENT: It may take your tutor a minute or two to read through your homework questions. Be patient and give them time to read and respond, especially if you’re working on a really tough problem.
- PROVIDE CONTEXT: Explain your homework as best you can and ask specific questions. Your tutors don’t have access to your course material, so make sure to send them all the information about the question you’re working on.
- FOCUS ON SCHOOLWORK: Our tutors are very cool and interesting people, so you may want to chat about non-academic things. However, tutors need to focus on helping students, so be sure to only ask them about your school work.
- EDIT ESSAYS: If you want to submit your essay a second time, make sure to read the feedback from the first time and make edits before submitting it again.
- ESSAY SUBMISSION: Always include teacher instructions and your own comments when submitting an essay so that your tutor understands the assignment you’re working on and can give you the best possible feedback.
- NO ESSAYS IN ONE-TO-ONE SESSIONS: In a one-to-one session, you can ask your tutor to review a couple sentences or help with citations. Tutors are not permitted to review full essays during a live help session. To get a full essay reviewed, please submit your work to Essay Review.
- DON’T SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION: For privacy reasons, please do not share personal information on Paper. Tutors do not need any personal information to give you the help you need.
- NO PERSONAL IMAGES/VIDEOS: For privacy purposes, we do not allow you to share images or videos of yourself, even if it relates to schoolwork. For example: if you’re working on a presentation, a tutor can review your script but not watch a video of you presenting.
- TUTORS DON’T GIVE ANSWERS: Our tutors take learning seriously, which means they’re not going to simply give you the answer. Instead, they’ll help you find the answer yourself. Tutors can report students that repeatedly ask for answers to make sure the platform is being used appropriately.
- PLAGIARISM: If your tutor notices you have plagiarized, they’ll give you a chance to remove plagiarized content before submitting your work to your teacher. Ongoing issues with plagiarism will be reported to your school.